Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Recovery Day-Ummm...yea..about that...

Okay so, today is the recovery day. I set my alarm to get up late because I'm still feeling all exhausted. My daughter comes and knocks on the door because she's been throwing up. Bless her heart. Because was a CNA for quite a bit of her life she knows how to analyze bodily functions. By the time we started talking she'd analyzed the consistancy of yesterday's defacation, that there wasn't enough defacation, and that her vomit didn't look like it should. You might be grossed out but I was beaming with pride as I re-cooled her washclothe. She is already learning to take her health into her own hands which is more than I can say for most adults these days. My son woke up to see what was wrong with his sister, so we basically had "a meetin' in tha ladiesroom". lol He hung out for a while and we all decided to go ahead and stay up since it was already 6am. Everybody said their Ori prayers, got dressed (I'm pre-shower dressed), and I went to fix peppermint tea for my daughter (with an extra shot of peppermint), and made made this for my son:
Egg, almond milk, soy bacon, spinach, garlic, onion, and nutritional yeast

Not that pretty, but he liked it. lol

So of course at this point I haven't juice anything for fear that she will star throwing up again as soon as I get up to go do anything which is kind of stupid I guess because she is very mature. I guess it's just me being a mother. Anyway, I'll probably be doing prune juice again since I have no clients today. lol Mari, will be on liquids all day today to flush her system.

Something interesting just happened. My son was tell my daughter about the omlet I made for him. She was saying that it sounded good, but grossed her out because her stomach still hurts. We began to discuss why it is that when you are nauseous, the smell/thought of meat/dairy makes you sick, but veggies don't. Hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment