Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Belly be gone!!!

I can't remember ever mentioning this, but I have a belly. It's not from giving birth because my youngest is 8 year old. It's not because I have a C-section and they ruined my ab muscles. It's because I have a starch addiction.

I spent a lot of time "counseling" my husband on his sugar addiction. I would fuss at him for eating sweets at night etc. One day, I was singing the praises of MC and a balanced vegan diet when I realized something. When I did the MC the last time, I continued with a very  balanced diet. Very little to no unhealthy white starches. In other words, I wasn't eating anything that I had to validate eating. I was making healthy soups, salads, pasta dishes (no white pasta), etc. My stomach was SO FLAT! Okay, well, it was flat enough for me. lol Anyway, that being said I realized that my starch addiction was also a sugar addiction. The trick is that I could satisfy my with a seemingly harmless bowl of rice with veggies that were sometimes starchy themselves. I had to have rice with everything. Not brown rice. My drug--I mean rice of choice is basmati or regular white rice.

Now that I know what the problem is what have I been doing to solve it? Well, I've been finding things to replace my starches. For example I would usually make beans and rice together and that would be my entire meal and I was good. No greens, just rice. Well I made this tasty meal and it was so good the kids ate it again for dinner and almost ate all of it between the two of them.

White Beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic, garam marsala


Chinese Cabbage and Kale

Everything plated up.

 Don't you wish the computer had scratch and sniff or at lickable screen? Not to worry. This dish took no time to make. It is as easy as I made it sound. Oh, btw, I mixed everything up before I ate it but by that time I wasn't thinking about taking a picture. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment