Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cinderblock Garden

I'm really excited because I have my seeds planted and they are already coming up!!! I decided that this year I would do an above ground cinder block garden. I'm also going to incorporate the foot gardening technique along with cover the bottom with paper to keep the weeds down which shouldnt' be a problem anyway.

Yesterday, my Dad brought the cinder blocks to me. He only brought 30 although I clearly asked for 40, but he quickly redeemed himself by helping me unload the blocks which are no-joke-ridiculously heavy. Today, I put them in place and put a foot path between the beds...well 1 and 1/2 beds (remember I don't have all of the blocks). Btw, my dawta did the foot path while I did the blocks. I'm going use the holes to plant flowers, herbs, and maybe even some plants that don't grow too large. I guess I should add some pics to this huh? I'll do that just for you. That'll be later though, because right now I'm outside enjoying the warm weather and the beautiful breeze. Thank GOD, I don't have allergies!!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I miss our Garden... :( oh well soon come back round to us. :) I feel it in the universe. Anywho, when you plant your flowers in the holes of the blocks be careful because certain flowers will attract bugs that will feed on ur veggies or herbs and some will prevent. We have's a book round hur somewhere that I'll have to dig out for you lol. I'll scan a few pages in for you with that info.

    ReplyDelete